Thoughts on Thursday.
Did you miss me last week? I know, I know.. I desperately tried to make Thoughts on Thursday happen but I just couldn’t get out of my own way. So there. I missed a week. The great news is I’m back this week. And that makes me happy.
1. First up – Peas and Carrots. When I first wrote the title it occurred to me how much I just don’t like peas. I mean, fresh peas from the garden, awesome. Frozen or canned? Horrible. Why am I discussing peas and carrots? Well, because I am about to embark on a new journey with the family.. Operation eat more clean. aka eat your peas and carrots. Huge undertaking, I know, but we are more than ready. It’s absolutely terrifying to me the more I’m reading about the food industry and the more horrible chemicals and lord knows what else we are ingesting which is also causing bad stuff to happen in our bodies. If you remember a few weeks ago, I posted about going mostly gluten free in my diet and have seen such a shift in my energy, health and alertness. The more I think about it, the more I feel like I’m doing my family a disservice by not bringing them on this journey with me. Is it a ‘diet’ for us? No. It is more of a lifestyle change to incorporate more of what we should be eating like vegetables and fruits and simple clean foods in their natural state, and less of the manufactured stuff you can’t even pronounce. Now, the big question, how will the kids do? I know, I’m wondering too. The good news is Molly is a food critic already! She always tries new things and even tries to coax her brother into trying them reminding him ‘You don’t know you don’t like it unless you have it, Jack‘ in her most sassy voice. The big guy.. well yes, Jackson is another story. While he does eat fruit, hummus, cheese and yogurt, there is little protein (other than hummus) that he likes .. I am, however, definitely encouraged by his willingness to try new things over the last month or so. Have you changed any eating habits in your family recently? I’d love to know how it went or how it is going.
2. In case I’ve never said it out-loud – I am so in love with the area we live in. Our community, our landscape, so many things to be grateful for. I hope you are happy where you live – and moreover, if you’re not, I hope you have the courage to change it.
3. Calendars. Okay fellow Moms.. how do you organize for Summer. It seems to be even more chaotic than the school year with different camps and times and babysitters and work and all that jazz. I have a master calendar on the wall and my amazing planner for my day to day tracking but it seems like there is still a good chance for miscommunications! Do you go by the old pen and paper or do you use an app or google calendar to keep everyone’s schedules clear?
4. Earlier this week I wrote about the importance of protecting your images by printing them.. Did you read it? You should – you can check it out here. I just feel like its so important to remember why you want these photos printed to begin with!
5. It’s been over a month since my last Barre class… Is it weird that I miss it? I need to get back in there but it hasn’t been for lack of wanting! Schedules have been crazy – excuses excuses I know… Here’s to getting back! Maybe Sarah Phillips can get my act together and drag me back even when I don’t say I have time!
6. Friends are the best. I mean really, just show up when you need ’em and celebrate the good times when you got ’em! Life is good.
7. Spring. Bring.it.on! Right!? I know, everyone is ready. We all want warmer weather here in Boston but really – its about time. What are you most excited about getting back outside to enjoy? I’m excited to go back out Geocaching with the kids — Have you ever heard of it? It’s like real life treasure hunting. The kids are all about it and it makes their interest in nature even more exciting! The geocache are actually located all over the world — There are websites where you can track it and record it and learn all about it. I have an app on my phone that is fantastic for it! Check it out – pretty cool.
8. Duck Dynasty fans? We’ve been watching this show since the first few weeks it aired and I thought it was hysterical.. I’m happy to see so many people are connecting with the humor as well. Although I have read up on the struggles they have balancing their lives based in faith and the amount that produces will show etc. I’m sure its hard for everyone but I know one thing – I’m glad its on! What do you think about that, JACK!
9. I hate when there are so many things I want to read that I don’t have enough time! That’s my struggle right now – I am eager to get soaked up in so many different books – I actually just got a very sweet gift of an audiobook from a friend – my very first audiobook! I have to say, I’ve never bought any audiobooks and I’m in love with it! It blows me away that I never did this when I spent so much time in the car commuting to college at Keene NH for an entire semester! What was I thinking!? It’s amazing! If I had a long commute, I’d so buy audio books — How amazing are they!?
10. Well Spring is here but you know what that means – Summer is coming too! Annnnddd with Summer comes concerts! If you know me, you know how important music is to me and with that, I can’t wait for some summertime shows! Do you have favorite summertime concerns you like to go to? I think I have a handful I’d love to be at already.. and I’m sure as it gets closer even more will be released. I even enjoy the summertime local concerts in the park! The kids have a ball and we get to stay outside just a little longer in the evenings!
And just for fun — Have you see THIS?! Oh my word! It’s the best. I love it — Totally hysterical!
Thanks for checking in. I’d love to hear your feedback on any of the topics posted about today!
Be well, be kind.