For a while I tried to participate in something my fellow friends do in the blogging/photography industry called ‘Ten on Tuesday..’ its just a way to stay up to date with blogging – offer a little insight into my life that isn’t just strictly photography.. Sometimes I would be about my kids, or a product I discovered, or a place I went.. Just 10 little notes to stay connected..
Well, unfortunately I let that slide a bit and then I got completely off track so I have created a new thing that I am going to try to keep up. Similar to Ten on Tuesday but later in the week – (read: I need more time!) I think it’s something that will work for me and will keep me current since its towards the end of the week I”m not struggling to finish Monday’s to do list on Tuesday morning as well as trying to get my blog post up! The thing is, I really love to write -I love to blog and it really makes me sad how far away I have got from it.. So in an effort to remedy that – I have created ‘Thoughts on Thursday…’
Seeing as this is the first post for my ‘Thoughts on Thursday,’… I will start with something that I came across today that was really thought provoking!
1. Have you seen this?
Prized Possessions – Around the World
It’s incredible… “Shot over a period of 18 months, Italian photographer Gabriele Galimberti‘s project Toy Stories
compiles photos of children from around the world with their prized possessions–their toys. Galimberti explores the universality of being a
kid amidst the diversity of the countless corners of the world; saying,
“at their age, they are pretty all much the same; they just want to
2. I am almost ready to release my new blogsite — It is a labor of love and will be both a combination of my blog and website so there won’t be the pressure to get my website updated (seeing as I can’t seem to get out of my own way and it has said ‘under construction’ for months!) I am really excited to have it become an all inclusive place and I adore the design.. I hope you will too.
3 Did you see the news on the Facbook Business page? Super SUPER exciting news — Keri Jeanne Photography has been nominated for Best of Boston North Shore Photographer again this year! If you have a moment, and could please vote – it would mean so much to me! To vote just click on the link HERE and enter your information. You can find Keri Jeanne Photography under the ‘LIVE’ Category! Thank you!
4. Really pumped that I came across this new product that has made my time management for dinner and meals – super efficient – Have a look — It’s called PLANtoEAT — You can enter your recipies and it gives you your shopping list – you can share with friends – you can access it on your phone or your tablets! It’s brilliant — Have a look around and if you are interested in signing up you can use me as a referral by clicking on the link here: PLANtoEAT Registration Link It’s an incredible resource that will save you money and time! If you’re like me and a have (an additction) to pinterest and you’re pinning recipes to keep track of – this is an awesome alternative.
5. My little man started a 5 weeks program at his school for indoor Floor Hockey last night – I have to admit, I absolutely love watching him grow and learn in this world. I know I see him everyday and I know it’s different when we are home, but there is something so exciting about seeing my kids learn in the world! He was over the moon about it and really loved playing with his classmates! I’m just ignoring the fact that he is old enough to participate in programs like this!
6. In other business news, I have just started using my new shopping cart! I have searched high and low, for a long time, but I recently came across a shopping cart that I really really think my clients are going to love! It is very user friendly and offers a lot of great features that I really think will be great for placing online orders.
7. I recently went to acupunture for the first time in my life… Have you ever been? I have to admit I was a bit skeptical as I wasn’t real sure what to expect annnnnddd I don’t like needles.. But after a lot of referrals – I headed off to The Well for Integrative Medicine to see if I could shake things up and get out of this funk – both emotionally and physically.. I was greeted by a familiar face, Bill, who I have know since my high school days with a warm welcome. I have to admit, I felt like it was a sign I was in the right place. After discussion a variety of things I left all my concerns at the door an opened myself up to the possibility of better… whatever that looked like. After an hour of treatment I walked out of the office feeling as if someone handed me an oxygen mask and I was breathing for the first time. Yes, at the risk of sounding dramatic, it shifted a LOT for me. I am so grateful I had this opportunity. Every day since has gotten better and better. If you’re in a funk, or have a physical ailment that’s causing a disruption in your life – Consider going to The Well. I am willing to bet you will see a change. I have been back once since and I’m already looking forward to the next visit. It’s like a breath of seaside air in your soul. It’s awesome.
8. The little ladybug has become quite the chef! She is always asking what ingredients go in what dishes, if she can help make dinner, if she can try new foods. I have been quite happy with her interest! It reminds me so much of me growing up asking my Nonna and my Mom all kinds of cooking questions. As a matter of fact, I still do!
9. Sunday is St. Patrick’s Day! Whoo-hoo! Yes, I’m Irish and I love any excuse to get my kids all excited for holidays! I think it’s so fun to relive the magic of holidays through their eyes. Especially now that they are getting old enough to really participate!
10. Warmer weather has been such a blessing this week. After crazy snow storms – and a lot of snow week after week – I welcome this sunshine and warmer temperatures with open arms! I absolutely love where we live. We can walk around and enjoy so many coastal communities all within 30 minutes – Not to mention how many great walking trails and nature hikes we can go on too! I’m definitely itching for Spring! What have you been doing with this beautiful weather?
Well, the first entry for “Thoughts on Thursday” is complete.. Feel free to leave a comment in the section below if you have had any experiences with the things I mentioned above. I love hearing what you think!
Back to the grind of the website design.. And just because posts are way more fun with a picture – heres a shot of Singing Beach in Manchester by-the-Sea, MA from just a few weeks back during one of the random warm days we had!
Be well, Be kind.